Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chapter #5 Identity

Chapter 5 reminded me that the non-verbals often times say more than my actual words. Even my race, clothes, hair, smile, hygiene, give off different perceptions to those around me. This is something that I sub-consciously realize, but consciously don't interpret often. Age is also a huge factor in identity. I am the oldest of 4 children, I have two brothers and a sister. I have always been a step ahead of my brothers due to age, and what seems like decades ahead of my little sister. Kelsie is a great girl who gets straight A's and dances for her school's dance team. It is interesting to see how different our struggles and achievements are. She is worried with rumors and boys, while I'm concerned with making enough money to support my wife and I. Now, both are important, it is just interesting to see how our perceptions change as we continue to age.

No comments:

Post a Comment